View Poll Results: trial or plea deal

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • take his chances with the trial

    23 50.00%
  • cop a plea

    23 50.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Trial VS Plea deal

This is a discussion on Trial VS Plea deal within the R. Kelly Polls forums, part of the R. Kelly Music Chat category; take the plea deal because he is in a no win situation and the state wants a plea anyway. I ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-19-2017 @ 11:44 PM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:10 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    take the plea deal because he is in a no win situation and the state wants a plea anyway. I mean this state and under state you have guidelines and even if they find him guilty he ain't seeing no 15 years because everything is pleaded down anyway, but the thing with being convicted on everything is that they not only give you a long sentence but also his kids are affected and he gets the sex offenders tag and they are gonna make him pay. take a legit deal and i think it can be worked out.

    i mean State always pushes harder for a plea than federal. if this was federal than he would be in the Wesley Snipes boat. he got a chance. going all out in trial is dicy but he can win but you see how folks still feel about Michael Jackson not all but quite a few. either way you never win,but take a deal and get it over with ASAP.

    either way we are Pulling for ROB.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    08-17-2016 @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    2,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    but look how it went for michael. people STILL say hes guilty. now i dont know that much about that case since im not such a huge fan of his as kells, but i do know that people think of sex offender when michael jacksons name comes up.
    "'Let me remind you that I am the king of R&B.' It's an unnecessary boast: Who could possibly argue, or forget?" - Kelefa Sanneh; ​The New York Times; 2007

  3. #23
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-19-2017 @ 11:44 PM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:10 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K. Johnson View Post
    but look how it went for michael. people STILL say hes guilty. now i dont know that much about that case since im not such a huge fan of his as kells, but i do know that people think of sex offender when michael jacksons name comes up.
    well in MJ's case they tried to tie all of his past against him and what is happening in the Kellz case they are trying to tie his past into the now. that tells me that the current case ain't strong but if you play up a pattern and theme then you can manipulate a Jury and sell a weak case without dealing with the now.

    MJ's case was weak but he had a tough battle in that lilly white community of Santa barbara but he came out on top.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    08-17-2016 @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    2,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermaxxx View Post
    well in MJ's case they tried to tie all of his past against him and what is happening in the Kellz case they are trying to tie his past into the now. that tells me that the current case ain't strong but if you play up a pattern and theme then you can manipulate a Jury and sell a weak case without dealing with the now.

    MJ's case was weak but he had a tough battle in that lilly white community of Santa barbara but he came out on top.
    i think that Kells is getting similar treatment cuz think about it the jury is kind of skewed racially (im not saying theyre racist, but lets face it racism is still in a lot of people) plus theyre gonna try to show a pattern of behavior like for michael.

    but all in all, if this case was so air-tight they would have made it to trial earlier than six years.
    "'Let me remind you that I am the king of R&B.' It's an unnecessary boast: Who could possibly argue, or forget?" - Kelefa Sanneh; ​The New York Times; 2007

  5. #25
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-19-2017 @ 11:44 PM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:10 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K. Johnson View Post
    i think that Kells is getting similar treatment cuz think about it the jury is kind of skewed racially (im not saying theyre racist, but lets face it racism is still in a lot of people) plus theyre gonna try to show a pattern of behavior like for michael.

    but all in all, if this case was so air-tight they would have made it to trial earlier than six years.
    thank you and what bothered me off the jump was back in 04 when Kellz went to the Grammys and the Judge told him to have no contact with Michael Jackson, I'm like WTF? I bet no judge told Phil spector to avoid Robert Blake??

    yeah the case is weak in both cases to me,but Racism and a Black Man and the justice system are all at work here.

    i feel RK got a damn Good Shot at coming out good because MJ truly had all the cards stacked against him in his case and it was a rush to judgement and to me RK has a rushed to judgement as well. timeline and actual Proof are just not there.

  6. #26
    Senior Member bcarter74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    07-28-2015 @ 08:19 PM
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Applebottom View Post
    I agree it is a lot we don't know about like the women who settled out of court, the lawyer that represented them will testifying also. There's a possibilty that they could have been watching his every move especially since this Regina and George Daniels scandal, I'm sure there is sooooooooooooo much more in this than anybody can bargain for. We all love him but we really don't know Robert the man and maybe R.Kelly is just now getting to know Robert. All we or him can do is ut it in Gods hands, his music past, present, and future will outshine any verdit. Ya'll know I keep it real so u either ove or hate it but give me so feedback ne way.

    Honestly, its not for us to understand R. Kelly the man. What he does in his personal life is his business. Unforunately, this one came to bite him on the ass. All we can do as fans is pray for him and his family as they go through this storm. Especially Drea and the kids. My heart breaks for this woman and her children.
    B

  7. #27
    Senior Member bettyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-08-2017 @ 02:29 PM
    Location
    saluda,sc
    Posts
    854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    i didn't vote...i'm not sure how i feel about the choices. in my opinion, kells' lawyers should know what's best for him. if they feel, he don't stand a chance of being acquitted, i have confidence that they would advise him to plea. but on the other hand, if they feel they can raise reasonable doubt in a case that been pending for 6 years, he should go forward with the trial. experts have already said "it's going to be hard to prove this case with an uncooperative "victim". i just pray it's over soon with FAVORABLE results.

  8. #28
    There Can Only Be 1 Me redemption08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-01-2017 @ 09:48 AM
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    This was an extremely tough decision but since I had to choose, I said take his chances with the trial. It seems like the prosecution doesn't have a good case against him. If the plea could guarantee that he doesn't get labeled as a sex offender, I'd say go ahead and take it. I know the Rema Ma case is very different from this case but I just remember her having a plea on the table of 3 years but instead got what, 15 or something like that? I definitely don't want to see him have any jail time . . . . I can only pray to God that he pulls through this thing on top.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-06-2016 @ 09:44 PM
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Saying you would take a plea is easier said than done. I don't know anyone who wants to go to jail for any amount of time. I had read a few years back that a plea deal was offered and it will require him to serve around 6 years in prison. I personally think he should go ahead with the trial because if he's found innocent who cares what the haters think. I think this trial will have a positive outcome for R. Kelly and his fans. The only thing that i'm worried about is the prosecutors attempting to call R. Kelly to the stand.

  10. #30
    Senior Member lilmorsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    11-12-2012 @ 06:57 PM
    Posts
    2,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    11:10 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockland View Post
    Saying you would take a plea is easier said than done. I don't know anyone who wants to go to jail for any amount of time. I had read a few years back that a plea deal was offered and it will require him to serve around 6 years in prison. I personally think he should go ahead with the trial because if he's found innocent who cares what the haters think. I think this trial will have a positive outcome for R. Kelly and his fans. The only thing that i'm worried about is the prosecutors attempting to call R. Kelly to the stand.
    That's one thing that absolutely won't happen. Prosecutors cannot call the defendant to take the stand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •