Poll: Rewind That

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

R Kelly feat. Flo Rida - Rewind That (Prod. by Danjahandz & Polow Da Don) (SNiPPED)

This is a discussion on R Kelly feat. Flo Rida - Rewind That (Prod. by Danjahandz & Polow Da Don) (SNiPPED) within the R. Kelly Polls forums, part of the R. Kelly Music Chat category; Originally Posted by K.R.X. All these songs sound like R. Kelly mixtape type tracks he don't even sound inspired. It's ...

  1. #21
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-14-2017 @ 03:07 AM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K.R.X. View Post
    All these songs sound like R. Kelly mixtape type tracks he don't even sound inspired. It's like he is remixing the same track over and over.
    Call this The Remix of 'The Love Lockdown Remix'...it sounds ok, but we've heard it all before which makes it very disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    Flo Rida is a joke anyway.
    Rob is really bringing down his personal prestige by being on a song with this Cat...I know he will work with anyone, and Ive always seen that as a positive thing...but he's passed the limit with this 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption08 View Post
    it sounds just as good if not better than some of that mess they played in the club.
    Your 100% right Redemption, but this is the EXACT reason Rob needs to stay out of the clubs...turn off all radio stations, lock himself away and be inspired by himself...he is product of his environment, and its soo apparent. I was saying the other day that the music industry is in a dire situation, and instead of Rob going against the grain and 'doing him'...he's sadly falling into the trap of thinking the music of 2009 is somehow good...

    when in truth its absolutely woeful.

    I like me a good club song...but this aint it.

    2R's.

    Quote Originally Posted by kellzfan View Post
    But who knows...this song is probably not brand new so maybe he is working on that classic R&B.
    Oh, just to pick up on your point Rey...I agree, I dont think this song is brand new...I was thinking it mite be the song which was meant to have been on Fool-rida's 1st album but the flow and subject is too similar to 'Love Lockdown' so Im just not sure.

    Regarding working on that classic R&B...I really want to believe that...

    but...

    I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by V.I.P; 03-26-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "You have reached R. Kelly, unfortunately Im asleep..." Hidden Content

  2. #22
    Member BluDiamondDLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-08-2011 @ 03:00 AM
    Location
    Greenville, MS
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:37 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I give it 3 R's. It's okay, but when will Kellz keep the c-word out of his mouth?
    R. Kelly is the [B]KING[/B] of all Kings of R&B. [B]PERIOD!!!![/B]

  3. #23
    There Can Only Be 1 Me redemption08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-01-2017 @ 09:48 AM
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    05:37 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Maybe Rob is really just bored with music right now. I know that sounds so hard to believe to someone who seems to eat, live, and breathe music but he sounds like he's just going through the motions. I know how it is when you've been doing something for so long and you just get to a point where you are creatively challenged. Hopefully he can get out of this rut. I think he really needs to do a few gospel cuts to get his creativity back on track. Something that will force him to be introspective and dig into the depths of his sould with his music. I think he's just been so numb to life and all of the club joints have been his way of escape or really reflective of his state of mind. I think it is a good sign that he may work with that folk singer just to stir up some creativity. We know the man's got it!

    VIP is right, Rob needs to be a leader in the music industry and stop following these trends because it is diluting his music too much. I think it is cool to make all sorts of music so I'm not knocking him for doing what the heck he wants but I'm just praying he gets his creativity back. You know what? I have to compare the greats and I compare Rob to Michael Jordan. Remember how Mike had to leave basketball and try baseball after winning 3 championships? Well, Mike did so-so in baseball but he needed a challenge in his life and that's why he decided after so many years to go back to baseball and try it out. Not to mention his dad passing away and him needing to fill a void in his life. There is no doubt in my mind that if Mike had pursued baseball instead of basketball, we would be talking about MJ being the best baseball player of all time but he just did so-so when picking it up in his latter years. After getting the baseball out of his system, MJ came back to basketball and showed the world once again that he was/is the greatest of all time. I think Rob will do the same. I feel like he's kind of in limbo right now trying his "baseball" thing in the form of all of the trendy music. Don't get me wrong, Rob has repeatedly said that he likes to put out what's current and hot for the people so really all of these club joints and collabos should come as no surprise to us but I just think in a way, Rob is following the wrong trend setters in the form of the young teeny bopper crowd and has to realize that it's ok to make some things for that crowd but there is an entire audience who is dying for the R in R&B.
    Last edited by redemption08; 03-27-2009 at 08:39 AM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Swatts77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    02-21-2012 @ 11:11 PM
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    04:37 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sorry, but this one I do not like at all!

  5. #25
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-14-2017 @ 03:07 AM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    thumbsup Summed up in 1!

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption08 View Post
    Maybe Rob is really just bored with music right now. I know that sounds so hard to believe to someone who seems to eat, live, and breathe music but he sounds like he's just going through the motions. I know how it is when you've been doing something for so long and you just get to a point where you are creatively challenged. Hopefully he can get out of this rut. I think he really needs to do a few gospel cuts to get his creativity back on track. Something that will force him to be introspective and dig into the depths of his sould with his music. I think he's just been so numb to life and all of the club joints have been his way of escape or really reflective of his state of mind. I think it is a good sign that he may work with that folk singer just to stir up some creativity. We know the man's got it!

    VIP is right, Rob needs to be a leader in the music industry and stop following these trends because it is diluting his music too much. I think it is cool to make all sorts of music so I'm not knocking him for doing what the heck he wants but I'm just praying he gets his creativity back. You know what? I have to compare the greats and I compare Rob to Michael Jordan. Remember how Mike had to leave basketball and try baseball after winning 3 championships? Well, Mike did so-so in baseball but he needed a challenge in his life and that's why he decided after so many years to go back to baseball and try it out. Not to mention his dad passing away and him needing to fill a void in his life. There is no doubt in my mind that if Mike had pursued baseball instead of basketball, we would be talking about MJ being the best baseball player of all time but he just did so-so when picking it up in his latter years. After getting the baseball out of his system, MJ came back to basketball and showed the world once again that he was/is the greatest of all time. I think Rob will do the same. I feel like he's kind of in limbo right now trying his "baseball" thing in the form of all of the trendy music. Don't get me wrong, Rob has repeatedly said that he likes to put out what's current and hot for the people so really all of these club joints and collabos should come as no surprise to us but I just think in a way, Rob is following the wrong trend setters in the form of the young teeny bopper crowd and has to realize that it's ok to make some things for that crowd but there is an entire audience who is dying for the R in R&B.
    'Rob is trying his baseball thing'...

    That Redemption...is the perfect analogy!!!!! Rob's baseball is this Rap/Club phase he is going thru...but he is still and always be the greatest, and we will be reminded of that once he decides to 'return to the game'...

    RnB that is.
    "You have reached R. Kelly, unfortunately Im asleep..." Hidden Content

  6. #26
    Last name Soul 2nd R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    12-17-2011 @ 05:11 PM
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    2,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption08 View Post
    Maybe Rob is really just bored with music right now. I know that sounds so hard to believe to someone who seems to eat, live, and breathe music but he sounds like he's just going through the motions. I know how it is when you've been doing something for so long and you just get to a point where you are creatively challenged. Hopefully he can get out of this rut. I think he really needs to do a few gospel cuts to get his creativity back on track. Something that will force him to be introspective and dig into the depths of his sould with his music. I think he's just been so numb to life and all of the club joints have been his way of escape or really reflective of his state of mind. I think it is a good sign that he may work with that folk singer just to stir up some creativity. We know the man's got it!

    VIP is right, Rob needs to be a leader in the music industry and stop following these trends because it is diluting his music too much. I think it is cool to make all sorts of music so I'm not knocking him for doing what the heck he wants but I'm just praying he gets his creativity back. You know what? I have to compare the greats and I compare Rob to Michael Jordan. Remember how Mike had to leave basketball and try baseball after winning 3 championships? Well, Mike did so-so in baseball but he needed a challenge in his life and that's why he decided after so many years to go back to baseball and try it out. Not to mention his dad passing away and him needing to fill a void in his life. There is no doubt in my mind that if Mike had pursued baseball instead of basketball, we would be talking about MJ being the best baseball player of all time but he just did so-so when picking it up in his latter years. After getting the baseball out of his system, MJ came back to basketball and showed the world once again that he was/is the greatest of all time. I think Rob will do the same. I feel like he's kind of in limbo right now trying his "baseball" thing in the form of all of the trendy music. Don't get me wrong, Rob has repeatedly said that he likes to put out what's current and hot for the people so really all of these club joints and collabos should come as no surprise to us but I just think in a way, Rob is following the wrong trend setters in the form of the young teeny bopper crowd and has to realize that it's ok to make some things for that crowd but there is an entire audience who is dying for the R in R&B.
    Well put, redemption. You made some very good points, especially the ones in bold. I totally agree.

    Back to topic, this song is simply bad stuff. 1 R.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member kellzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    04-21-2013 @ 05:58 PM
    Location
    The District, Maryland, Virginia
    Posts
    6,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    05:37 PM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    I wish there was a way for him to see these comments and similar ones. We're not saying them because we're "haters" and don't care either way, we're saying them because we care about him and his music and we want him to be successful. He does not seem mentally healthy right now. He's going through some things emotionally so he's having a musical identity crisis. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in this slump. The majority of the music he's been putting out lately has been NOT GOOD and neither are some of these artists he's been working with.

    I sincerely hope he has some people in his camp that aren't just yes men and will tell him this. Maybe George would have told him but somehow I doubt they're speaking....
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  8. #28
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-14-2017 @ 03:07 AM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellzfan View Post
    I wish there was a way for him to see these comments and similar ones. We're not saying them because we're "haters" and don't care either way, we're saying them because we care about him and his music and we want him to be successful. He does not seem mentally healthy right now. He's going through some things emotionally so he's having a musical identity crisis. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in this slump. The majority of the music he's been putting out lately has been NOT GOOD and neither are some of these artists he's been working with.

    I sincerely hope he has some people in his camp that aren't just yes men and will tell him this. Maybe George would have told him but somehow I doubt they're speaking....
    Rey, you are soo right...He needs us now more than ever, because the sad thing is I am pretty much certain he is surrounded by sycophantic 'yes men'! DJ Wayne Williams is the perfect example, and as far as Im aware he is the only guy in his camp who is a legitimate business person...and I use the word 'legitimate' very lightly, because as many of u know I have really gone off Wayne over the past couple of years.

    If he had anybody with any sense around him, then trust me he wouldn't be making the decisions he is making...Hov' questioned the people that Rob had around him, and I think there was an element of truth there...He is surrounding himself with nothing but fools pretty much, which is shown with the clowns that he is working with musically...

    Flo-rida, Da-ni, Lil Ronnie etc

    When he was in love, a married man, surrounded by older people (George, Regina, Henry Love) look at the material that he was he creating...look at the songs which he specifically made as a result of a little positive encouragement ('Step In The Name Of Love', 'Touched A Dream' etc)...its no coincidence that since the older people left his side, that he has fallen into the wrong crowd...Apart from the trial I cant remember the time Rob wore a fully tailored suit...that class and style has gone from his image and his music too.

    We are not saying any of this for selfish reasons...we are saying this because we love him, and we can see the mistakes he is making musically...all it wud take is for him to see things from a different perspective, realise the great legacy which he cud continue to create...and see that making a ringtone hit for summer 2009, mite put a quick 50K in his pocket but long term isn't gonna make any of his fans truely happy.
    "You have reached R. Kelly, unfortunately Im asleep..." Hidden Content

  9. #29
    'Step Into My Territory' Dizl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    07-17-2017 @ 06:36 PM
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    1,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    10:37 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    thumbs down U Know....

    Quote Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
    Rey, you are soo right...He needs us now more than ever, because the sad thing is I am pretty much certain he is surrounded by sycophantic 'yes men'! DJ Wayne Williams is the perfect example, and as far as Im aware he is the only guy in his camp who is a legitimate business person...and I use the word 'legitimate' very lightly, because as many of u know I have really gone off Wayne over the past couple of years.

    If he had anybody with any sense around him, then trust me he wouldn't be making the decisions he is making...Hov' questioned the people that Rob had around him, and I think there was an element of truth there...He is surrounding himself with nothing but fools pretty much, which is shown with the clowns that he is working with musically...

    Flo-rida, Da-ni, Lil Ronnie etc

    When he was in love, a married man, surrounded by older people (George, Regina, Henry Love) look at the material that he was he creating...look at the songs which he specifically made as a result of a little positive encouragement ('Step In The Name Of Love', 'Touched A Dream' etc)...its no coincidence that since the older people left his side, that he has fallen into the wrong crowd...Apart from the trial I cant remember the time Rob wore a fully tailored suit...that class and style has gone from his image and his music too.

    We are not saying any of this for selfish reasons...we are saying this because we love him, and we can see the mistakes he is making musically...all it wud take is for him to see things from a different perspective, realise the great legacy which he cud continue to create...and see that making a ringtone hit for summer 2009, mite put a quick 50K in his pocket but long term isn't gonna make any of his fans truely happy.


    You know I used to think; "is he broke?, alone?, unhappy? or just plain uninspired?..."

    I don't believe he needs to have older folks around him to think straight; I mean he's spending more time with his kids right?
    Shouldn't they be an inspiration to him?

    I dunno man, I hate to sound so critical of Rob but the stuff he's been putting out recently has been light weight (middle at best) and even if its way better than what's currently all over radio that doesn't mean much as the songs of nowadays are straight crap!

    Before I totally go off topic; I think it goes without saying that this song should only get 1R!

    I'm just too upset to comment on Rob right now man.... He needs to wake up!

    Oh and somebody needs to give this to him to read....
    Love is strong; Love is tight

  10. #30
    There Can Only Be 1 Me redemption08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-01-2017 @ 09:48 AM
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    05:37 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Who knows? Maybe he'll get a whif of these constructive criticisms and get his zeal back for the music real quick. I think he's going to come back to it, I just hope it's sooner rather than later because just like the NBA needed Jordan back, we need Rob back more than ever with all of the mediacore music out now. It's like for me the NBA was cool when Jordan was gone but it was just something missing and it felt weird to see certain teams get in on championship runs and just asking myself, "Now if Jordan was here, would this team have contended for the title? Heck no!!" That's how I feel about most artists releasing music right now and are on top because Rob is out of the "NBA" and dudes are eating who would get embarrassed if Rob was on top of his game. Another analogy this kind of reminds me of is "The Five Heartbeats" where Flash adapted with the current trends but he had that soul with him from back in the day but he was about keeping up with the trends and making that loot. We certainly don't need Rob to be like Flash because it would be such a waste of talent. I hope we are pleasantly surprised with the next album and hopefully no teeny bopper club songs like this are included.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •