Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

OFFICIAL Billboard Article on Double Up DEBUT!!

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL Billboard Article on Double Up DEBUT!! within the R. Kelly News & Announcements forums, part of the R. Kelly Discussion category; Originally Posted by dawit keep the finger cross!!! i want a second week at number 1,he deserves it this is ...

  1. #11
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    07-20-2013 @ 08:13 AM
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    8,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    02:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawit View Post
    keep the finger cross!!! i want a second week at number 1,he deserves it
    this is not going to happen because T-Pain is released Epiphany.......he is brand new POP act with major buzz so he will be #1 and R.kelly will be #2.

    the good thing is that a lot of people that listen to TPain listen to R.Kelly and TPain was on the Im'a Flirt song so when they pick up TPains they will see Double Up and possibly pick it up.
    [SIZE="6"]///// AZ \\\\\[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]Twitter: @DSviaAZ
    FB Me: Hidden Content [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I]
    [B][SIZE="3"]
    You dont need to call nobody else babe
    Its Keeeellllzzzz to the rescue
    You need to be touched, I'll bless you[/SIZE][/B][/I]

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    12-23-2016 @ 05:53 AM
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    He could be #3 because Rhianna is out this week too.

  3. #13
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    05-27-2017 @ 12:36 AM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    09:17 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

    Default

    thanks AZ.a great accomplishment,but i just think that the Album isn't that strong in terms of that One song that could truly make it roll bigger. I think with a more trademark R&B Album and a tight lead off song he will see huge numbers. I'm Happy,but I'm already looking forward to the next album and I hope for a more return to the Soulful side all the way through. still this is a great accomplishment nevertheless and a testimony to his Musical Legacy.

  4. #14
    Member Superstar010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    03-28-2008 @ 03:43 PM
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    01:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    That is not bad
    R.Kelly is the Undisputed king of R&B so lets Double up he's comin through ur speakers non stop

  5. #15
    Senior Member ALTHEIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 08:38 PM
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    1,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm thinking #3 too because of Rhianna

  6. #16
    No Bullshit K.R.X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    05-24-2017 @ 01:37 PM
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Prolly # 3 but Rihanna album leaked almost a month earlier so who knows how much she sells this time around. Number one song in the Us don't mean nothing Mims showed that cause he still flopped.
    Baby I never meant to clip your wings, Now I'm wishing you could fly right back to me. - R. Kelly

  7. #17
    Senior Member ALTHEIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 08:38 PM
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    1,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom of tp3 View Post
    Prolly # 3 but Rihanna album leaked almost a month earlier so who knows how much she sells this time around. Number one song in the Us don't mean nothing Mims showed that cause he still flopped.
    I co-sign that......why buy the cd for a #1 song on the charts when you can get the single. #1 song on the charts doesn't guarantee #1 in cd sales.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    01-02-2012 @ 03:22 AM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-28-2017
    Local Time
    08:17 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermaxxx View Post
    thanks AZ.a great accomplishment,but i just think that the Album isn't that strong in terms of that One song that could truly make it roll bigger. I think with a more trademark R&B Album and a tight lead off song he will see huge numbers. I'm Happy,but I'm already looking forward to the next album and I hope for a more return to the Soulful side all the way through. still this is a great accomplishment nevertheless and a testimony to his Musical Legacy.

    Co-sign on that. I have no doubt that Kells still has a 500k opening week left in him but as Altheia mentioned in another thread, Double Up with its content has possibly alienated a lot of his core listeners who don't necessarily want to listen to him singing/rapping about the whole club thing.

    If Kells goes back to his old formula of a predominantly soulful R&B album with a measured dose of hip hop and a lead single that can really either touch people on a personal level (ie. I Wish) or is just too hot to be denied (ie. Ignition Remix) then I have no doubt we will see another 500k opening week from the R.

    The other advantage that Kells still has on his side is that despite being 40 he still packs a helluva lot of commercial clout as this opening week suggests. Every other R&B singer at 40 would have been considered 'too old' to play on mainstream urban radio by the age of 35. Keith Sweat is a perfect example of that

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    07-20-2013 @ 08:13 AM
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    8,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    02:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALTHEIA View Post
    I co-sign that......why buy the cd for a #1 song on the charts when you can get the single. #1 song on the charts doesn't guarantee #1 in cd sales.
    co-sign as well.

    umbrella is shit too. i mean its catchy but it has no versatility or style/class.

    im'a flirt is catchy but its versatile, produced quite well and the artists involved do a great job.
    [SIZE="6"]///// AZ \\\\\[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]Twitter: @DSviaAZ
    FB Me: Hidden Content [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I]
    [B][SIZE="3"]
    You dont need to call nobody else babe
    Its Keeeellllzzzz to the rescue
    You need to be touched, I'll bless you[/SIZE][/B][/I]

  10. #20
    Senior Member lilmorsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    11-12-2012 @ 06:57 PM
    Posts
    2,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    05-27-2017
    Local Time
    09:17 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G.J. View Post
    Co-sign on that. I have no doubt that Kells still has a 500k opening week left in him but as Altheia mentioned in another thread, Double Up with its content has possibly alienated a lot of his core listeners who don't necessarily want to listen to him singing/rapping about the whole club thing.

    If Kells goes back to his old formula of a predominantly soulful R&B album with a measured dose of hip hop and a lead single that can really either touch people on a personal level (ie. I Wish) or is just too hot to be denied (ie. Ignition Remix) then I have no doubt we will see another 500k opening week from the R.

    The other advantage that Kells still has on his side is that despite being 40 he still packs a helluva lot of commercial clout as this opening week suggests. Every other R&B singer at 40 would have been considered 'too old' to play on mainstream urban radio by the age of 35. Keith Sweat is a perfect example of that
    That's a good analysis G.J. I'm in agreement. Yeah, the man is 40 and still counts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •