Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

BREAKING NEWS: New Album "12-Play 4th Quarter" Rolling Stone Review

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: New Album "12-Play 4th Quarter" Rolling Stone Review within the R. Kelly News & Announcements forums, part of the R. Kelly Discussion category; Originally Posted by reevez Maybe he meant 12 Play.... comin out in the 4th quarter of the year.. but that ...

  1. #31
    There Can Only Be 1 Me redemption08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    10-19-2017 @ 08:40 PM
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    04:48 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reevez View Post
    Maybe he meant 12 Play.... comin out in the 4th quarter of the year..
    but that shit is unlikely, we only have december left
    I'm pretty sure he meant 12 Play, 4th Quarter because I remember him saying it would come out in Spring 08. I think he is saying 4th quarter because in the 4th quarter is where all of the chips are laid on the table. It's when you buckle down for the last few minutes and win the game, when you give it your all so hopefully we will get some serious SOUL from this album. I think we will. I think he realizes that R&B needs him to do an all soul album and shut it down on the R&B tip once again. I know Rob is probably pretty much unphased by the rumors that he's jealous of Neyo's rise to fame but a little perceived "competition" is healthy for Rob and will bring out his best and I think we are in for a treat with the next CD. I loved Double Up and the show so I'm not complaining about that because I'll buy anything he puts out whether it's country, hip hop, socca, whatever, I just love to hear the man's artistry. His soul music is where most of us originally fell in love with him and that's what we need once again.

    I have a feeling that 12 Play 4th Quarter will use samples of his original music from his earlier cds and do something different with them. I remember him doing an interview where he said his engineer was currently working on sampling his older music for something new so we'll see how that works. I think it will be one of the first things done, an artist sampling his own music --- but who else but Rob can pull this off? He's going on a consistently strong career of 20 years and that just has not happened in our modern day. The man is BAD!!!!

  2. #32
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    10-15-2017 @ 07:15 PM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    08:48 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    i want the R&B back and uncut. bring the full soul back.

  3. #33
    Senior Member ALTHEIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 08:38 PM
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    1,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    03:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I gonna hold my breath and try not to wish too much, but please Kells make a real R & B cd this time...please.

  4. #34
    Member peaches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    10-13-2008 @ 06:23 PM
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    02:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermaxxx View Post
    i want the R&B back and uncut. bring the full soul back.
    Agree 100%. I'm stretched thin with the Hip Hop R. Kelly (though he has done some good songs in this genre) and the new collaborations are not helping. I heard one starting on the radio the other day and actually turned it off. I could never have imagined reaching a point of switching off a new R. Kelly song without first really listening.

  5. #35
    Member BluDiamondDLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-08-2011 @ 03:00 AM
    Location
    Greenville, MS
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    02:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant 12 Play, 4th Quarter because I remember him saying it would come out in Spring 08. I think he is saying 4th quarter because in the 4th quarter is where all of the chips are laid on the table. It's when you buckle down for the last few minutes and win the game, when you give it your all so hopefully we will get some serious SOUL from this album. I think we will. I think he realizes that R&B needs him to do an all soul album and shut it down on the R&B tip once again. I know Rob is probably pretty much unphased by the rumors that he's jealous of Neyo's rise to fame but a little perceived "competition" is healthy for Rob and will bring out his best and I think we are in for a treat with the next CD. I loved Double Up and the show so I'm not complaining about that because I'll buy anything he puts out whether it's country, hip hop, socca, whatever, I just love to hear the man's artistry. His soul music is where most of us originally fell in love with him and that's what we need once again.

    I have a feeling that 12 Play 4th Quarter will use samples of his original music from his earlier cds and do something different with them. I remember him doing an interview where he said his engineer was currently working on sampling his older music for something new so we'll see how that works. I think it will be one of the first things done, an artist sampling his own music --- but who else but Rob can pull this off? He's going on a consistently strong career of 20 years and that just has not happened in our modern day. The man is BAD!!!!
    I can't believe why haters out there shootin' the wrong shit out of their mouths. How could they say that Kellz is jealous of Neyo's rising? Kellz is a veteran in the R&B game, a man who can take ANY genre of music and turns it into a hit record. And Neyo? He has a loooooooooong way to go. But, he will NEVER, EVER get to the level that Kellz is on. There are a lot of R&B cats who wants to top Kellz, but they can't. I think that THEY are jealous because their shit ain't hittin' as hard as Kellz. I will definitely keep my fingers cross for Kell's next album to be MORE soulful. But I know one thing for sho', IT'S GONNA BE AN ANOTHER HIT RECORD, BABY!
    Last edited by BluDiamondDLight; 11-27-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    R. Kelly is the [B]KING[/B] of all Kings of R&B. [B]PERIOD!!!![/B]

  6. #36
    Chi City Son somethingsneverchange's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    06-22-2009 @ 07:05 PM
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    03:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm all for another soul album. The man is the pre-eminent soul singer of our era. I feel everything he does though. Mostly everything anyway. Double Up to me was better than Best of Both Worlds, and I've loved every album he's put out. Not feeling the whole 4th quarter thing, but hey, I guarantee the hits will be there!

    As for Ne-yo. Stop kidding yaself brother. Your songs are already starting to all sound the same. Pump ya brakes homie. We're still trying to figure out if you're gay or not!

  7. #37
    Ooooh Baby ... Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    10-26-2012 @ 01:34 PM
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    10:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    If he was, would we start burning the fag's CDs?

  8. #38
    Member BluDiamondDLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-08-2011 @ 03:00 AM
    Location
    Greenville, MS
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    02:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The R. View Post
    If he was, would we start burning the fag's CDs?
    R., you're a mess! LOL
    R. Kelly is the [B]KING[/B] of all Kings of R&B. [B]PERIOD!!!![/B]

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 10:31 PM
    Location
    Pontotoc,MS
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    03:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Wow thats great news I can't wait ti hear it

  10. #40
    Senior Member bettyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    09-26-2017 @ 01:54 PM
    Location
    saluda,sc
    Posts
    854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    10-20-2017
    Local Time
    04:48 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    i hope the new album is patterned after the 12-play album..i love the music he sang in the beginning of his career.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •