Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Recession in the R&B Scene & R.Kelly

This is a discussion on Recession in the R&B Scene & R.Kelly within the R. Kelly Music Chat forums, part of the R. Kelly Discussion category; Hidden Content Originally Posted by Fan Hidden Content Ofcourse there's a recession, but that doesn't mean that people don't buy ...

  1. #21
    alexhanna69
    Guest

    Default What

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Fan Hidden Content
    Ofcourse there's a recession, but that doesn't mean that people don't buy albums. Taylor Swift sold 3.2 million albums, come on. It's all about promotion and good music. If the music is good people will buy your records
    The only reason Taylor Swift is selling ablums is out of sympathy over what Kanye did to her at the awards show! If it had not been for Kanye she would be just another American Idol reject with low record sells!

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    12-23-2016 @ 05:53 AM
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-17-2017
    Local Time
    10:14 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    All the songs sound the same. To me, that's why it's even more reason for him to flip it old school because I just heard Daddy's Home from Usher. lt might as well be from Trey Songz, I couldn't tell the difference. He has a unique sound and style and if he put some damn effort then he might get back on top. Everything in music nowadays is disposable. just compare what we are listening to 5 or 6 years ago.

  3. #23
    Fan
    Male Fan is offline
    When A Man Lies Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    03-31-2015 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    05:14 AM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alexhanna69 Hidden Content
    The only reason Taylor Swift is selling ablums is out of sympathy over what Kanye did to her at the awards show! If it had not been for Kanye she would be just another American Idol reject with low record sells!
    Not true, cause she always sells a lot, all her albums are big sellers
    When I was down you bitches didnít want to be my friend
    And now Iím rollin' all you bitches wanna hop in Hidden Content Hidden Content


  4. #24
    TRUTHSPEAKER Big Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    03-03-2011 @ 08:16 AM
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    4,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    04:14 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alexhanna69 Hidden Content
    The only reason Taylor Swift is selling ablums is out of sympathy over what Kanye did to her at the awards show! If it had not been for Kanye she would be just another American Idol reject with low record sells!
    lol you are BULLSHITTIN all over.

    if it really was like that...

    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Taylor's album as well.
    -I would have to go the store and pick up Jennifer Hudson's album because her mother was killed
    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Trey's album because I have pity on his bad music

    and last but not least

    I would have to go the store and pick up Jay-Z's album because he looks like a damn camel.



    Music sales as a whole are not as big as they used to be, but this is because of changing times. However, this thread is about a recession in RnB's music genre and not about pop music or whatever. because look at Taylor, Lady Gaga, Susan Boyle...they are selling!!!!!! Which the R. Kellys, Brian McKnights, Chris Browns and other Rnb folks don't.
    [CENTER][B] If you're drinking what I'm drinking, put your hands up in the sky[/B] [B]:turntable[/B]
    [B]If you're thinking what I'm thinking you say "What a Crazy Night" [/B][B]:boobs[/B]
    [B][/B][/CENTER]

  5. #25
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-16-2017 @ 02:43 PM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    04:14 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by R Dot Hidden Content
    All the songs sound the same. To me, that's why it's even more reason for him to flip it old school because I just heard Daddy's Home from Usher. lt might as well be from Trey Songz, I couldn't tell the difference. He has a unique sound and style and if he put some damn effort then he might get back on top. Everything in music nowadays is disposable. just compare what we are listening to 5 or 6 years ago.
    That pretty much sums up this entire thread...every darn thing sounds the same, and Rob could be absolutely clearing up right now...

    When some Dude like Sean Kingston can get like 7 million hits on Youtube when Rob is pulling home 1 million on a GOOD day...something is seriously wrong...

    Imagine Sean Kingston trying to come out in the 90's...the only acceptable Fat Dude was Biggie, apart from that you had to be smooth as a muthafucka and fresh to death to get on TV...let alone sell records...

    Not no' mo'. Hidden Content
    Last edited by V.I.P; 01-06-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    "You have reached R. Kelly, unfortunately Im asleep..." Hidden Content

  6. #26
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-16-2017 @ 02:43 PM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    04:14 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    lol Im about to 'Exit' this thread...

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Big Dan Hidden Content
    lol you are BULLSHITTIN all over.

    if it really was like that...

    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Taylor's album as well.
    -I would have to go the store and pick up Jennifer Hudson's album because her mother was killed
    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Trey's album because I have pity on his bad music

    and last but not least

    I would have to go the store and pick up Jay-Z's album because he looks like a damn camel.



    Music sales as a whole are not as big as they used to be, but this is because of changing times. However, this thread is about a recession in RnB's music genre and not about pop music or whatever. because look at Taylor, Lady Gaga, Susan Boyle...they are selling!!!!!! Which the R. Kellys, Brian McKnights, Chris Browns and other Rnb folks don't.
    Whoop there it is! Hidden Content
    "You have reached R. Kelly, unfortunately Im asleep..." Hidden Content

  7. #27
    alexhanna69
    Guest

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Big Dan Hidden Content
    lol you are BULLSHITTIN all over.

    if it really was like that...

    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Taylor's album as well.
    -I would have to go the store and pick up Jennifer Hudson's album because her mother was killed
    -I would have to go to the store and pick up Trey's album because I have pity on his bad music

    and last but not least

    I would have to go the store and pick up Jay-Z's album because he looks like a damn camel.



    Music sales as a whole are not as big as they used to be, but this is because of changing times. However, this thread is about a recession in RnB's music genre and not about pop music or whatever. because look at Taylor, Lady Gaga, Susan Boyle...they are selling!!!!!! Which the R. Kellys, Brian McKnights, Chris Browns and other Rnb folks don't.
    I like the camel quote
    But my point is valid about Taylor is getting more media news over what Kanye done as of late.
    And what people want to listen too is a new sound with a new appeal too it!
    Rob tried doing this with this album and is not having any luck yet

  8. #28
    Senior Member soulful.stringz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    09-05-2016 @ 02:49 AM
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    04:14 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by alexhanna69 Hidden Content
    I like the camel quote
    But my point is valid about Taylor is getting more media news over what Kanye done as of late.
    And what people want to listen too is a new sound with a new appeal too it!
    Rob tried doing this with this album and is not having any luck yet

    i think you do have a point about media news having an impact on record sales... But that doesn't relate to Taylor Swift. She was selling bags of records before Kanye

  9. #29
    Mr.Showbiz Mr.Showbiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    08-17-2017 @ 01:04 PM
    Location
    windhoek
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-18-2017
    Local Time
    06:14 AM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    I think it lies in promotion from record companies ..nd flavour of the month artist....illegal downloads have been part of the game now for the past five years but various artist still sold platinum cds.......kells needs the right promotion videos, interveiws, remix songs, feature, etc...personally i did nt kno Taylor 'who' till afta the kanye incident...so she should be thanking him 'promotion'...we have been mentioning segments of this hread in earlier discusions nd we all came to the same conclusion...its not the RnB genre..its the right marketing and great music...people still yearnin for good new records..'maxwell' for example...

  10. #30
    alexhanna69
    Guest

    Default Agreed

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Mr.Showbiz Hidden Content
    I think it lies in promotion from record companies ..nd flavour of the month artist....illegal downloads have been part of the game now for the past five years but various artist still sold platinum cds.......kells needs the right promotion videos, interveiws, remix songs, feature, etc...personally i did nt kno Taylor 'who' till afta the kanye incident...so she should be thanking him 'promotion'...we have been mentioning segments of this hread in earlier discusions nd we all came to the same conclusion...its not the RnB genre..its the right marketing and great music...people still yearnin for good new records..'maxwell' for example...
    Jive haven't promoted "Untitled" his album nor have we've seen the echo video; I feel once the new video release comes out Rob's album will generate revenue. But like I've said before leaks and unwanted downloads hurts the R&B game. I would not mix hip hop or rap with R&B and just keep it straight R&B for the older listeners and to the younger generation so record sells can pick up! Overall the recession were in is hurting everybody who enjoy's music and cannot afford the CD's anymore! Reason being they must feed their kids and provide the roof over the family's head first!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •