Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Playlist: The Very Best of R Kelly

This is a discussion on Playlist: The Very Best of R Kelly within the R. Kelly Music Chat forums, part of the R. Kelly Discussion category; no no, i know it was a single, i meant to say "i believe" wasnt an official single .....sorry i ...

  1. #11
    Itzperch itzperch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-15-2017 @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    no no, i know it was a single, i meant to say "i believe" wasnt an official single .....sorry i gotta problem on this site of not being clear, my b !

  2. #12
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-07-2017 @ 12:50 AM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    07:34 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    record company owns his stuff and can release this and make money without putting any money into it. expect another 10-20 of these in the coming years. a safe easy sell. it is catelog sales and record companys do this all the time.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    01-02-2012 @ 03:22 AM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-17-2017
    Local Time
    06:34 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This reminds me of the "Hits & Unreleased Vol. 1" compilation which was meant to come out about 2001/2002 when the scandal hit. The difference was that was a great tracklisting with some remixes and really good album tracks. Nice to see Hairbraider gets released on something but it shouldn't be on a "best of". And Supaman High.... WTF

    Agree with maxxx on this one.

  4. #14
    Itzperch itzperch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-15-2017 @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by mistermaxxx Hidden Content
    record company owns his stuff and can release this and make money without putting any money into it. expect another 10-20 of these in the coming years. a safe easy sell. it is catelog sales and record companys do this all the time.
    Oh yeah, look at what Sony and other companies did to mike? The dude has a ratio of about 2:1 when it comes to compilations to actual studio albums. We forget Mike only released about 6 REAL studio/non Jackson5 albums....

    OTW/Thriller/Bad/Dangerous/History/Invincible

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by G.J. Hidden Content
    This reminds me of the "Hits & Unreleased Vol. 1" compilation which was meant to come out about 2001/2002 when the scandal hit. The difference was that was a great tracklisting with some remixes and really good album tracks. Nice to see Hairbraider gets released on something but it shouldn't be on a "best of". And Supaman High.... WTF

    Agree with maxxx on this one.
    I can get down to those jams as fun songs but greatest? The ENTIRE loveland album blows those two songs away....not 1 of those cuts can stand up to it....smh

  5. #15
    Senior Member mistermaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    08-07-2017 @ 12:50 AM
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    6,464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    07:34 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by itzperch Hidden Content
    Oh yeah, look at what Sony and other companies did to mike? The dude has a ratio of about 2:1 when it comes to compilations to actual studio albums. We forget Mike only released about 6 REAL studio/non Jackson5 albums....

    OTW/Thriller/Bad/Dangerous/History/Invincible



    I can get down to those jams as fun songs but greatest? The ENTIRE loveland album blows those two songs away....not 1 of those cuts can stand up to it....smh
    MJ cut 4 studio albums on motown and then you had a farewell my summer love and another 2-3 other unreleased tracks made into albums. dude cut a whole lot of music on motown and on sony he cut tracks as well,but he didn't put stuff out.

    of course MJ understood quality versus quanity. he got it right with less. that is what you do. you forgot Blood on the dancefloor.

    anyway all true about loveland.

  6. #16
    Senior Member helena22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 01:51 AM
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    4,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    07:34 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

    Default

    The cover looks cheap as hell...The tracklist cringeworthy....

    I would rather recommend The R. in R&B Collection Vol.1+Remix City Vol.1 to beginners.
    Last edited by helena22; 05-15-2010 at 12:29 AM.

  7. #17
    Moderator 12PLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    08:34 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    "Very Best" it aint ... "Unique" it is ... so I'll be sure to kop mine
    [B][I][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    08-17-2016 @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    Greenwich, CT
    Posts
    2,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    ummm..... perhaps they leave "best of" albums in the hands of the damn ARTISTS. i mean seriously what is that?

    this playlist or whatever the hell these people are tryina put together is crap. supaman high is not a "best of "anything. decent club banger, but try lookin through Kells' discography before puttin below average shit on it.
    "'Let me remind you that I am the king of R&B.' It's an unnecessary boast: Who could possibly argue, or forget?" - Kelefa Sanneh; ​The New York Times; 2007

  9. #19
    Untitled. Exit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-15-2017 @ 07:39 AM
    Location
    UK, Liverpool
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    08:34 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

    Default

    It says "[Original recording remastered]" on it... what does that mean?
    I got your eyes rolling back, finger nails in your spine.
    (Sex in the evening, sex all night)
    Never had a sex session, like this one in your life!

    Hidden Content

  10. #20
    Itzperch itzperch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-15-2017 @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by mistermaxxx Hidden Content
    MJ cut 4 studio albums on motown and then you had a farewell my summer love and another 2-3 other unreleased tracks made into albums. dude cut a whole lot of music on motown and on sony he cut tracks as well,but he didn't put stuff out.

    of course MJ understood quality versus quanity. he got it right with less. that is what you do. you forgot Blood on the dancefloor.

    anyway all true about loveland.

    Yeah the FWMSL album was just a mixtape of unreleased tracks.....blood on the dancefloor was a remix CD with GHOSTS/BOTDF


    I hope that we don't see more of this in the future though......its usually done by artists who are over the hill.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •