Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

For the Ones Who Are Not Satisfied

This is a discussion on For the Ones Who Are Not Satisfied within the R. Kelly Music Chat forums, part of the R. Kelly Discussion category; LOL AZ wow your post is too true....

  1. #11
    No Bullshit K.R.X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    08-20-2017 @ 02:08 AM
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    04:16 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    LOL AZ wow your post is too true.
    Baby I never meant to clip your wings, Now I'm wishing you could fly right back to me. - R. Kelly

  2. #12
    Veteran Member kellzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    04-21-2013 @ 05:58 PM
    Location
    The District, Maryland, Virginia
    Posts
    6,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    05:16 AM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by AZ2Chi1Kelly Hidden Content

    I just wish that some of the more......"choosy"......members would evaluate the new music from an unbiased and fresh perspective.

    Seems to me that the old tired argument of "well, THAT aint no 'Bump and Grind' or 'I Wish" is getting pretty old.

    What really chaps my ass is this: IT seems like 12-Play 4Q was a rough draft outlining ALL OF THE HATERS comments on the web and even on this site. Every song. One by one.

    And still has a hard time getting love? Hidden Content

    Wanna Make A Baby:
    "We want more baby making music!"

    Hairbraider:
    "Kellz done fell off! He cant hang with the new breed of R&B Music!"

    Skin, Playas Get Lonely and Screamer:
    "Kellz cant pull off songs like Today's Artists! He needs to retire"

    At The Same Time and Go Low:
    "TP3 didnt have any 'Twelve Play'. Where's the sex and fire?!"

    Whole Lotta Kisses:
    "Where are the love songs?!"

    Might Be Mine:
    "Kellz has lost his creativity and ability to sing!"

    Son of a Bitch:
    "What happened to the piano and instrumentation in Kellz music?! Can he even sing anymore?!"

    Freaky Sensation:
    "I miss the 90s R.Kelly. The straight-rap and bass vibe!"

    Relief:
    "The only good Kellz songs are steppin' songs!"
    Exactly. Thank you so much for breaking it down. Every song on this album has something that people were asking for. But still its not enough. I agree there should be at least one more love song, but that hardly makes this a less than satisfactory album.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #13
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-16-2017 @ 02:43 PM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    10:16 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    exclamation point

    Maan...

    AZ...

    What can I say apart from the fact that:

    IF Rob didnt have such an amazing legacy, AND people didnt have anything to compare his current material to then I really do believe that ironically...

    he wud get more love.

    He is most definitely a victim of his own success...especially in terms of the haters.

    With regards to the fans and those who know his true talent, we know that he has alot of music inside him just waiting to turn the world out again...

    Maxx has said it before though, people have always been kinda 50/50 on Rob...and that's cuz he is too real for alot of folks. If u hold back, and play the media game then of the 50% who dont feel u...at least of half of them will think:

    "Ahhh, R. Kelly is aiight...I aint got nothing bad to say about him"

    but being a Black Man, who always wears shades...likes to talk about SEX (something which most people DO have)...is pretty much willing to make songs about anything...ISNT in the media on a regular basis...DOESNT have a side project that is being sold on the perfume counters at Macy's...DOESNT have a celebrity girlfriend...

    Overall being a Music Man that...

    *SHOCK HORROR*

    only does MUSIC...

    then really the haters out there are just stating the most obvious thing in their hearts...

    HATE.

    But they only be fooling themselves, bcuz if u gave the songs that R. Kelly has done...and said it was someone else...guaranteed they wud love 'em!

    and this is the sole reason why I tell them haters to...

    FUCKING WALK ON!!!!

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    02-03-2009 @ 04:15 PM
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    01:16 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    R.Kelly is damned if he do and damned if he don't and that is with his fans...Man this is serious...

    Let alone the haters...Let him be true to his talent ...whatever comes up comes out. Let's not encourage him to make something that is not feeling..He is a sexual being so that is what he is feeling I say put it on wax.

    We say we want more RNB that is what he gave us. Oh no we want something different. Maybe he is not feeling like being in love he just came out of something and he just wants to ..._uck.

    Let him do him...I have always admired him for that. Trapped in the Closet I bet alot of people was like don't do that...And man that is classic everybody was talking about and still talk about..

    He is not cookie cutter he cuts his own cookies his way....

    That is why I am a fan and will continue.

    12 play 4 Quarter coming realllll sooooonnnnnnn!

    Signing off going to listen to Go Low.......

  5. #15
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-16-2017 @ 02:43 PM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    10:16 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kellzfan Hidden Content
    Exactly. Thank you so much for breaking it down. Every song on this album has something that people were asking for. But still its not enough. I agree there should be at least one more love song, but that hardly makes this a less than satisfactory album.
    'Greed'...

    its 1 of the 7 deadly sins...and its being committed worldwide, on a daily muthafucking basis...

    True story!

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by rkellyfan Hidden Content
    R.Kelly is damned if he do and damned if he don't and that is with his fans...Man this is serious...

    Let alone the haters...Let him be true to his talent ...whatever comes up comes out. Let's not encourage him to make something that is not feeling..He is a sexual being so that is what he is feeling I say put it on wax.

    We say we want more RNB that is what he gave us. Oh no we want something different. Maybe he is not feeling like being in love he just came out of something and he just wants to ..._uck.

    Let him do him...I have always admired him for that. Trapped in the Closet I bet alot of people was like don't do that...And man that is classic everybody was talking about and still talk about..

    He is not cookie cutter he cuts his own cookies his way....

    That is why I am a fan and will continue.

    12 play 4 Quarter coming realllll sooooonnnnnnn!

    Signing off going to listen to Go Low.......
    WORD TO THAT SISTER!!

    Im gonna do the same...

    along with ALL the damn SEX SONGS Rob has ever done...

    Maan its fucking nite time...

    so why the hell shudnt I?

    AND PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING:

    If R. Kelly doesnt make songs about Sex...then please tell me which muthafucka out there will...cuz it really seems like nobody else does!!

    Fuck all of y'all!!

    (Haters that is! Hidden Content )
    Last edited by V.I.P; 08-04-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #16
    No Bullshit K.R.X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    08-20-2017 @ 02:08 AM
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    04:16 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth Hidden Content
    Maan...

    AZ...

    What can I say apart from the fact that:

    IF Rob didnt have such an amazing legacy, AND people didnt have anything to compare his current material to then I really do believe that ironically...

    he wud get more love.

    He is most definitely a victim of his own success...especially in terms of the haters.

    With regards to the fans and those who know his true talent, we know that he has alot of music inside him just waiting to turn the world out again...

    Maxx has said it before though, people have always been kinda 50/50 on Rob...and that's cuz he is too real for alot of folks. If u hold back, and play the media game then of the 50% who dont feel u...at least of half of them will think:

    "Ahhh, R. Kelly is aiight...I aint got nothing bad to say about him"

    but being a Black Man, who always wears shades...likes to talk about SEX (something which most people DO have)...is pretty much willing to make songs about anything...ISNT in the media on a regular basis...DOESNT have a side project that is being sold on the perfume counters at Macy's...DOESNT have a celebrity girlfriend...

    Overall being a Music Man that...

    *SHOCK HORROR*

    only does MUSIC...

    then really the haters out there are just stating the most obvious thing in their hearts...

    HATE.

    But they only be fooling themselves, bcuz if u gave the songs that R. Kelly has done...and said it was someone else...guaranteed they wud love 'em!

    and this is the sole reason why I tell them haters to...

    FUCKING WALK ON!!!!
    This one of the realist comments you have ever made that I read imo. .Hidden Content
    Baby I never meant to clip your wings, Now I'm wishing you could fly right back to me. - R. Kelly

  7. #17
    Mr.Showbiz Mr.Showbiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    08-20-2017 @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    windhoek
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    12:16 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    one think i know about 12 play.net is you tend to still dwell in the past with kells ...the is always more you want when you compare the leak to rnb thats out this past year ...its off the chain far ahead of here i stand for example...kells has'nt confirmed the leak trax as 4th quarter material for sure...lets keep the critic low and focus on the good side..the man is actually singing ...go low is classic....fraky sensation too..relief extradinary and still u want more...i'm confused ...1st it was the vocoder, then the rap...now its comments like "tooo sexual" this is a 12 play album supposed to be...12 play the 3rd level of 4 play which lead to sex "FYI' so the album is supposed to be sexual to the top flight level if anything.... kells fans are spoiled i think...the the trax are in the rite direction...

  8. #18
    Member BluDiamondDLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-08-2011 @ 03:00 AM
    Location
    Greenville, MS
    Posts
    2,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    03:16 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Mixmaster Hidden Content
    12 Play 4th Quarter goes in the right direction I think. Less hiphop songs, more slow jams. But there are a few things missing for me.
    First of all I really miss those ballads, those love songs that don't go strictly to the bedroom. When it comes to songs about sex I'd prefer less explict lyrics. No "tossing the salad" no "open up your legs girl". This might me cool for one or two songs but it's like porn and it's some kind of dulling.
    On the musical side I would prefer instrumentals instead of beats. I know this is the way all of the new and hot R&B acts do it but it just sounds cheap and synthetic after a while. The same goes for the fucking vocoder. It was cool for "Leave your name" and "Screamer" but that's it.
    I'd also like to see some courage to experiment with different styles or instruments and I'm not even thinking of the MV right here. "Snake" or "Whos that" are good examples I think. And they're also good examples for hiphop song that I like. I don't mind hiphop on R. Kelly albums in general and it has been a part of him since the early days but I don't feel most of the crap that is hot right now.
    I also want some more song about serious topics. I miss those songs like "Gotham City", "If I could turn back the hands of time" or "When a woman's fed up". I don't like songs which, in fact are about serious topics but he makes them look ludicrous like "Might be mine" or "Kickin it with your girlfriend".
    I feel like a few years ago there was more emotion in his songs. He doesn't have to sing as raw as back in 1993 but especially on the new album it seems as if his voice can't afford that much strengh as it could a few years back. I hope I am wrong though.

    However, these are a few points that came to my mind. I know that's not a concept for a new album and I wanna leave that up to R. Kelly but it might give you an impression of what I've been missing on 12 Play 4th Quarter.
    You'd almost read my mind, Mixmaster. LOL Anyway, I co-sign to this. Don't get me wrong, now. I love the 12-P4Q songs, but I want Kells to do more slow jams like I Don't Mean It, Can't Sleep, Baby, Sadie, and I Will Never Leave. Like I said before, we'll never know what Kells has more in store. Hidden Content Please get rid of Two Seater and Screamer! I was hoping that Kells was going to record Part 2 of The Champ. Let it be called Undefeated (The Champ Pt. 2) or Undisputed (The Champ Pt. 2).

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth Hidden Content
    Maan...

    AZ...

    What can I say apart from the fact that:

    IF Rob didnt have such an amazing legacy, AND people didnt have anything to compare his current material to then I really do believe that ironically...

    he wud get more love.

    He is most definitely a victim of his own success...especially in terms of the haters.

    With regards to the fans and those who know his true talent, we know that he has alot of music inside him just waiting to turn the world out again...

    Maxx has said it before though, people have always been kinda 50/50 on Rob...and that's cuz he is too real for alot of folks. If u hold back, and play the media game then of the 50% who dont feel u...at least of half of them will think:

    "Ahhh, R. Kelly is aiight...I aint got nothing bad to say about him"

    but being a Black Man, who always wears shades...likes to talk about SEX (something which most people DO have)...is pretty much willing to make songs about anything...ISNT in the media on a regular basis...DOESNT have a side project that is being sold on the perfume counters at Macy's...DOESNT have a celebrity girlfriend...

    Overall being a Music Man that...

    *SHOCK HORROR*

    only does MUSIC...

    then really the haters out there are just stating the most obvious thing in their hearts...

    HATE.

    But they only be fooling themselves, bcuz if u gave the songs that R. Kelly has done...and said it was someone else...guaranteed they wud love 'em!

    and this is the sole reason why I tell them haters to...

    FUCKING WALK ON!!!!
    Now that's what I'm talking about. CHUCH (not church)!
    Last edited by BluDiamondDLight; 08-04-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    R. Kelly is the [B]KING[/B] of all Kings of R&B. [B]PERIOD!!!![/B]

  9. #19
    'Sweet Tooth' V.I.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    08-16-2017 @ 02:43 PM
    Location
    Worldwide! :)
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    10:16 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    thumbsup

    ^Chuuuch! Hidden Content

    "Cause when it comes to bein the realest I'm Shonuff!
    Ima straight up INDUSTRY VILLAIN fo' Shonuff!
    And I can't satitsfy some of y'all no matter what!"

    Robert Sylvester Kelly y'all...

    he done...

    'Been Around The World'

    RECOGNISE his Gangsta!!!
    Last edited by V.I.P; 08-04-2008 at 05:43 PM.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    07-20-2013 @ 08:13 AM
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    8,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    02:16 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by braidedgirl Hidden Content
    But which song on this record would you say you'd prefer over I Wish, or Sex Me??
    Isnt that EXACTLY what I said NOT to do above on one of the first replies on this thread??!!! LOL!!!!

    In case you missed it:


    Hidden Content Originally Posted by AZ2Chi1Kelly Hidden Content
    I just wish that some of the more......"choosy"......members would evaluate the new music from an unbiased and fresh perspective.

    Seems to me that the old tired argument of "well, THAT aint no 'Bump and Grind' or 'I Wish" is getting pretty old.
    [SIZE="6"]///// AZ \\\\\[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]Twitter: @DSviaAZ
    FB Me: Hidden Content [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I]
    [B][SIZE="3"]
    You dont need to call nobody else babe
    Its Keeeellllzzzz to the rescue
    You need to be touched, I'll bless you[/SIZE][/B][/I]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •